What to see and do in China
October 9, 2020
My friend Michael from Get Moving Geelong says that China is a country that will not leave anyone indifferent. Without a doubt, you are going to immerse yourself in a very rich culture, so disconnecting a few days from your chores and going to know its customs will be worth it without any doubt.
For this reason, in this article we are going to tell you about some of the things you can see or do in the eastern country, they are the following:
- Visit the Great Wall of China: it is one of the most spectacular engineering works in the world. You have several sectors to visit, you can choose the one you want.
- Get to know the city of Shanghai: you must stroll through the area of The Bund, or the colonial houses, for this you can use a tour that is free without problems.
- Take a walk through the capital, that is, Beijing: you can kick the Forbidden City visiting everything that you find interesting. Although it is important to consider the weather since it is rare that the weather is good.
- Yangshuo: it is a municipality that is surrounded by spectacular karst mountains and bathed by the Li River. It is a fairytale landscape that you should visit, the most recommended thing is to rent a bicycle or take that boat tour.
- Longji Rice Terraces: They were built more than 700 years ago and are very interesting to visit.
- Pingyao: it is one of the most beautiful medieval towns in the country, it even seems that they continue at that time. Here you can walk along the wall or enjoy the Zhenguo Temple or the Shuanglin Temple.
- Another city that you cannot miss, Xían: the most famous excursion you can take here is that of the Terracotta Warriors, but you can also walk through its streets to see the Muslim quarter, the wall or the Drum Towers and the Campana.
- Zhangjiajie: or what is the same, the landscapes of the Avatar movie.
- You have the possibility of moving by train throughout China: at first, all this may seem complicated, but little by little you will get the hang of it and you will do it without problems.
- Get close to Leshan Buddha: it is carved from the side of a cliff. Measuring a total of 70 meters high, it is the largest sculpture in the world. You have buses if you want to go on your own or take a tour to visit it quietly.
- Visit the Chinese city of Hong Kong: we can observe different contrasts, such as the skyscrapers that remind us of any city in the Western world, but with the streets of the Asian continent. You can visit its streets, along with its markets.
- Macau: it is a city with a little American contrast. It is known as “Las Vegas of Asia” due to all the casinos out there. We even have some touches of Portuguese origin thanks to his legacy.
- You can reserve your ticket inside the Train of the Skies, also called Transtibetan: it is a train that makes a tour through several cities such as Beijing or Shanghai to Tibet. It is indeed an expensive trip, but it is worth it and the traveller will never forget it.
- Suzhou: or as it is known, “The Venice of the East”. It is an oppressive town where you will take a walk through the past. You can visit the gardens, the canals or the bridges.